Thursday, April 13, 2006

Oh Rickie You're So Fine

Ok, the last post was a little weird. How I jumped from the Who to a chicken shack in DeKalb I'll never know. As promised, here's the answers to the song/artist quiz:

A. Danny's All Star Joint by Rickie Lee Jones. RLJ has always been one of my favorite artists, and this is from one of the best debut albums of all time. Streetwise lyrics and a knockout voice.

B. Tombstone Blues by Bob Dylan. What can you say? Bob's lyrics never cease to amaze me.

C. Back Door Man by Howlin' Wolf. Most people think of the Doors remake, and it's one of the strongest Doors tracks, but this is still the definitive version.

D. Drops of Jupiter by Train. One of a long list of grossly overplayed songs on FM Radio.

E. Dixie Chicken by Little Feat. A gimme. I think Garth Brooks covered this song, but who cares about that? What a great band.

A nice Van Morrison rarity for the next post.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 


View My Stats