Tuesday, April 11, 2006

More Posts About Buildings and Food

First and Foremost, a snippet about what the Who is up to, courtesy of Billboard...

The Who is eyeing a June release for a mini-opera, "The Glass Household," which is based on Pete Townshend's online novella "The Boy Who Heard Music." According to Townshend's Web site, the 11-minute Polydor release will precede a "conventional CD" in September and fulfills the artist's promise not to tour with the Who this summer unless new music was in the pipeline. Link to full article: The Who Moves Into the Glass Household


And now for something completely different....

I tend to notice little things in the built environment that are most likely overlooked by everyone else. I also like old roadside architecture, particularly the quirky stuff. These buildings tend to stand out like sentinels to me, amidst the corporate branding and generic designs of today's commercial architecture. Case in point, this restaurant in DeKalb, Illinois:


These buildings just catch my eye. You just don't see this everyday. There might have been a KFC right across the street for all I know. Of course, my mind then wanders to music, and the songs that include chicken in the lyrics. I could only think of a few. Can you name these songs and the original artist?

A. "Chicken in the pot, chicken in the pot."

B. "The sun's not yellow it's chicken."

C. "I eats more chicken any man's seen."

D. "Can you imagine no love, pride, deep-fried chicken?"

E. "If you'll be my Dixie chicken I'll be your Tennesee lamb."

I'll post one of these songs tomorrow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 


View My Stats