Friday, November 21, 2008

Seeqpod

The latest web music tool I've found is pretty clever. Seeqpod automatically searches websites and allows you to create playlists by searching playable tracks and building playlists. Then you can embed the player in your own site with one simple click. And of course it's free. I'll be playing with this for a while in future posts, so enjoy. It's a great way to discover some new music. Once again, the Internet trumps FM radio. Click on the link at the bottom of the panel to set up an account and build your own playlists. Submitted for your review:

This track by the The National is from the Virginia EP, a disc included with a DVD documentary of the band. I really liked The Boxer, and saw them at Lollapalooza this summer, but everything is starting to sound a bit similar.


Shambala is one of my favorite 70's tunes. How can you not love Three Dog Night?


As I've mentioned before, I used to be an an obsessive XTC fan. Greenman is a great track from one their last studio albums, Apple Venus Vol. 1. An amazing pop band, but without touring, their exposure to a wider audience was doomed.

I threw in a Dinosaur Jr. tune because I love that J Mascis guitar sound.

Finally, the Secret Machines. I was big on these guys a few years ago, but sadly this is the only track on their latest release that I found tolerable.



SeeqPod - Playable Search

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Link exchange is nothing else however it is simply placing the
other person's weblog link on your page at appropriate place and other person will also do similar in support of you.

Feel free to visit my web page: wiki.8bitklubben.dk

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 


View My Stats