Thursday, June 22, 2006

Still Alive At Leeds

I don't care if he looks like my grandfather. The mere thought of Pete Townshend and his trusty sidekick Roger back on stage at Leeds University is reason for hope. By all accounts, the show was a killer, attended by both teenagers and 60 year old men. Imagine these guys tearing into Who Are You to start the show, in a 2,000 seat hall, where they made history on February 14, 1970. It leaves me breathless.

Set List: Who Are You/I Can't Explain/The Seeker/Substitute/Wire & Glass/Sound Around/Pick Up The Peace/Endless Wire/We've Got A Hit/They Made My Dreams Come True/Mirror Door/Baba O'Riley/Let's See Action/Relay/Behind Blue Eyes/Mike Post Theme/Pinball Wizard/Amazing Journey/See Me/Listening To You/ Encores: Eminence Front/Naked Eye/Won't Get Fooled Again

Clearly this is not a oldies tour, a 'circus act', in Pete's words. There's new music to played, and we can all be thankful for that.

Go here for lots of press reviews of the show. Reviews

Labels:

 


View My Stats