Monday, March 05, 2007

New Music Monday - The Besnard Lakes

When a band's sound is compared to a blend of the Beach Boys, Pink Floyd and Roy Orbison, one's curiosity is peaked. Enter the Besnard Lakes, from Montreal, who somehow manage to do this on their recent release, The Besnard Lakes are the Dark Horse. I read about this band at Paste, and downloaded a few tracks at e-music. They do manage an artful blend of Brian Wilson type harmonies, Pet Sounds orchestration and a bit of Floyd psychedelia. The track Devastation also has a Lennonesque sound, circa Revolver. I have yet to find Roy Orbison, but I'm planning to check out a few more cuts from this album. If you like My Morning Jacket, I think you will like this.

Listen to Disaster





Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 


View My Stats