Monday, February 11, 2008

New Music 2008 - The Whigs

When I saw the Redwalls in a Chicago club last December a hard rocking band named the Whigs were on the bill as an opening act. We came in mid-set, and these guys were playing so loud it was a little hard for these middle-aged ears to process, but I liked what I heard. Their new album, Mission Control, just came out and it's the first thing that's really caught my ear in 2008. The Whigs sound is defined by tight playing, good melodies and harmonized vocals, but what really leaps out is some fantastic drumming. Hailing from Athens, GA, the Whigs evoke the intensity of Foo Fighters with a 90's alternative rock-pop feel, particularly bands like Buffalo Tom. I also hear strains of the Clash, but make no mistake, the Whigs are carving out their own sound, and I predict you will hear a lot about them in 2008.

"Right Hand On My Heart" from Late Night with David Letterman




Production City - from Mission Control

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love your site.. Pleasant colors & theme.
Did you create this amazing site yourself? Please reply back as I'm planning to create my very own website and would love to find out where you got this from or just what the theme is named. Many thanks!

Here is my page acoustic guitar chords for beginners

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 


View My Stats