Thursday, December 14, 2006

My Three Songs #2 - 'Tis the Season

Holiday music can get pretty cheesy, and generally I'm not a big fan, but you've just got to love the three songs included here. You may not be familar with these versions, so enjoy 'em, and happy holidays.

Baby It's Cold Outside - Dean Martin

Everybody loves Dean Martin sometimes. Whether it's Matt Helm, the celebrity roast host, or the swingin' martini sippin' hipster, Dino's the man. Lots of great holiday tunes from the Rat Pack.
Buy Dino


Frosty the Snowman - Fats Domino

Fats keeps rolling along, despite having his home and many of his possessions and musical mementos wiped out by Katrina. I can't imagine a better fit for this classic tune than Fats Domino.

Buy Fats





Merry Christmas, Baby - Charles Brown

The first time I heard this song, it was a live version by Springsteeen. Elvis' version is just a little too tame for me. Here's a nice bluesy take on the song from 1961. Brown had a much bigger hit with Please Come Home For Christmas.

Buy Charles Brown

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 


View My Stats